We are currently hiring in Taylor, Comanche, Erath. For more information, click Opportunities at the top and then Employment.
In an effort to continue to address concerns with the COVID-19 pandemic, CARR priority is to maintain the safety of our passengers, drivers, and other staff members. CARR will temporarily make additional service modifications effective January 8, 2021.
• Standard General Public fares resumed on January 4, 2021.
• Passengers will need to buckle their own seatbelts if possible.
• Curb to curb service - door to door service upon request.
• Assistance onto vehicle for the elderly and disabled will still be provided and drivers will take additional precautions.
• Passengers seating will be assigned in an effort to assist with Social distancing.
• CARR will make every attempt to limit passengers on board a vehicle to a minimum. The purpose of this is to accomplish social distancing as recommended. No more than ten (10) passengers including the drivers on any vehicle at any one time.
• As a precautionary measure, to limit in person contact as recommended, we are asking our customers, community partners, and the public to contact us by phone, email, or fax rather than visit our offices.
• Additional service adjustments may go into effect to allow recommendations from Federal, State, and Local governments, the CDC, and other officials to “social-distance”.
For any questions please contact 1(800)710-2277 and ask to speak with a Mobility Manager. Our thoughts are with all of our staff and customers during this time. Stay safe and remember, together we will get through this!
City and Rural Rides (CARR) is a rural public transit service operated by Central Texas Rural Transit District (CTRTD). Transportation is available to the general public in our service area. Anyone may schedule a ride to any location in our service area and to limited cities out of our area. CARR can be used for various reasons including shopping, work, beauty shop visits, visiting family or friends, and doctor visits. CARR requires that trips be scheduled one business day in advance by 3:30 p.m. For more information or to schedule a ride, please call 1-800-710-2277. For Deaf/Hard of hearing customers (TTY/TDD) call 1-800-735-2989 or 711 (TTY Relay).
CARR strives to provide the best service possible and values input from our customer. In the event, you have a concern or recommendation regarding our service, please call 1-800-710-2277.
Central Texas Rural Transit District is accepting proposals for a contract for repairs to the Central Texas Rural Transit District Nolan County Facility located at 2211 E Broadway, Sweetwater, Texas 76556. Please see Procurement for more information
Public Transportation will be closed on Friday, 4/15/2022 in observance of Good Friday. CTRTD will provide MCO Medical Transportation as normal.