Requests for service shall only be accepted by CARR from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Each original and return trip will be recorded separately, and each direction shall be recorded as a one-way trip. The trip shall be scheduled to show the required time to be at destination. Passengers are responsible for calling CARR’s toll free phone number (800-710-2277) when ready for pick-up; to request return trip home (RTO) or to continue additional scheduled trips. RTO’s are accepted until 5 p.m. in all counties. Passengers must take into consideration travel time when requesting RTO. Request must allow sufficient travel time or passengers may be required to find other means of transportation.
In order to schedule a trip, passengers must call (800) 710-2277 and speak with a reservationist who will require the following in scheduling a trip:
A request for demand service should be made at least one business day by 3:30 p.m. or up to 60 days prior to the desired trip time. Rides are scheduled based upon seating, vehicle and capacity availability. Trips must be scheduled in the order to complete in time. Trips cannot be rearranged the day of travel.
Request for same-day service will be accepted from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Dispatch will attempt to schedule both the origin and return trip into existing schedules utilizing the following criteria:
1. Vehicles must have seating/mobility device space available.
2. Vehicles must be in the near vicinity/location of the origin and destination in order to accommodate the request without disrupting passengerss already scheduled.
3. Time must be available to allow the trip to be accommodated without disrupting passengerss already scheduled.
4. Dispatch may refuse the request for same-day service if it cannot be worked into the existing schedule or it otherwise causes operational problems for CARR.
5. Passengers will be advised, when accepting the same-day, that there may be considerable waiting time for a return vehicle during peak periods.
CTRTD provides transportation services to medical facilities including doctors’ offices, dentist, hospitals, etc. Managed Care recipients may qualify for Title XIX Medical Transportation services, to determine eligibility customers must call your provider line on the back of your insurance card Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Due to contract requirements, no General Public rides may be performed between MCO approved rides.